In SEO or Search Engine Optimization, there is a process called link building wherein you get a higher rank in search engine like Google if you have more links that are related to the highly searched keywords. Here are some of the most effective ways of building links:
- Link dropping / request – it is the method where you ask other website owners to put the link of your website on their pages. This could help your website to be recognized as one of the trusted and relevant sites on the internet. This is also known as “backlink”. If you ask famous bloggers or website owners to place your link on their page, there is a big chance for you to have more readers or followers.
- Social link – this could be the most popular way and easiest form of link building. Since social media is part of our daily lives, there is a bigger chance to be noticed by the target audience if your post or website link is posted to any platform.
- Content link – maybe you have heard of the term “guest blogger” wherein other posts or blogs are mentioned on one of the articles made by the website owner. It could be in the form of Anchor Text (in example, click HERE) or also known as “a href”, the code used for anchor reference.
- Directories – you can find directories online which does not charge any amount for advertising or adding your website on their list, but some requires an affordable rate to be included on their local or general directory.
- Link buying – this method is not really recommended because it is somehow unethical. You offer a cross-deal to the website owner in exchange of posting your website or post link in one of their pages.